It’s September. It’s still hot out. Take your mind off the heat, and instead of reading the lame trivia printed on menus at your favorite restaurant, challenge yourself with our technologically-based trivia in this month’s tech tips (answers are shown below):
- Which company offered the first personal computer for home users at a price of $300 in 1950?
- Which state is the only state whose letters can be typed in a single straight row of keyboard letters?
- What online annoyance was first introduced in 1994?
- How much data could the first hard drive hold when created in 1979?
- What popular computer program is banned from public use in China?
- What business was voted in 1999 as one of the top ten worst business ideas?
- What game company started out in 1889 manufacturing playing cards?
- What was sent for the first time in 1992?
- What was the name of the first domain registered (it happened in 1985)?
- What was the problem with the first alarm clock?
Answers are shown below!
(1) Berkeley Computers
(3) The banner advertisement
(4) 5 Mb
(8) A commerical text message
(10) It could only ring at 4 am