Have you filed your 2017 tax return?

taxesThe 2017 federal income tax deadline is approaching. If you’ve put off filing until the last minute, here are a few things you should know:

  • The deadline to file individual tax returns (Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) for 2017 or to request an automatic extension (Form 4868) is April 17, 2017.
  • An extension provides an extra six months to file your return, but payment of any tax is due by April 17.
  • You can submit payment for taxes you owe along with the extension form.
  • April 17 is the last day to make a contributions to your traditional IRARoth IRAHealth Savings AccountSEP-IRA, or solo 401(k) for the 2017 tax year. Doing so can reduce your tax burden for the year if you’re going to owe more than you already paid.

If you know you’re going to receive a tax refund, don’t put off filing until the last minute. If you need help preparing your return, the IRS can help at https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/resources-to-help-you-prepare-your-tax-return-and-resolve-tax-disputes

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.