Josh, a member of our Employee Advisory Group (EAG), has been with Career Path Services for about five and half years. He says that he got into this work because he has always enjoyed helping others, and making a difference in Spokane is very important to him. Josh said he was drawn to the organization because their values lined up with his own. We asked Josh some questions to get to know him better; see what he had to say below.
My favorite part of my job is providing solutions that improve an organization’s hiring/recruiting practice. My least favorite would have to be writing reports.
2. Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
I have a few “God has my steps, trust and follow,” “Never Lose Faith and Discipline,” “We cannot get what we’ve never had unless we’re willing to do what we’ve never done.”
3. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
I cannot live without my insulin as I have recently been diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic.
4. What is one food that you cannot resist?
I cannot resist chips or popcorn.
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would want the ability to teleport.
6. What motivates you to wake up and go to work?
Knowing that I have the opportunity to help someone today motivates me.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
I enjoy hanging out with my beautiful wife or playing video games with my kids.
8. Who inspires you?
My wife inspires me; she is so strong and has a fantastic way of being calm in stressful situations.
9. What is your favorite memory while working at career path services?
My favorite memory would be working on the RISE grant; it was one of the most challenging roles I have had. I loved seeing how many lives were changed because our team could open doors where before individuals were faced with roadblocks; it was nothing short of amazing.
10. What would you do for a career if you were not doing this?
I would still want to be doing something where I am helping others and businesses to become better versions of themselves.
11. Tell me something that most people might not know about you.
I love so many types of music, but I tend to listen to music that falls into a trans melody while at work, such as artists like Lane 8, Daft Punk, or Nora En Pure.
12. Do you have any closing thoughts?
You can do anything you put your mind to. Never stop dreaming, never stop sharing, be the change!
Comments are closed.